Sunday, November 27, 2011

30 Days of Thanks - Day 27 - Google Chrome

For those who do not know, YOU CAN SURF THE WEB WITHOUT INTERNET EXPLORER! So, if you are fed up with that terrible browser that seems to pick up toolbars like a pig's butt picks up flies, come on over and experience the wonder of Chrome! Yes, Firefox is still another option, but I have found Chrome to be more readily accessible, simplified, and classy. Chrome just plain works better for me.

One feature that I am extremely thankful for is the Incognito Mode that allows you to open a window in which you can browse and not leave (much of) a trace on your computer. This is especially useful for shopping for Christmas presents and when you have to visit sites for information and you are not yet sure which sites are safe. I use it as a safety buffer when looking up tech stuff or phone numbers I do not recognize since sometimes those sites can be notorious for malware. I have also found that this is like opening sites in another computer such that I can have two separate Gmail accounts open at once - a trick that helps when writing a blog on your blog account and needing something from your primary e-mail at the same time.

I feel like my experience with Chrome has made browsing safer, easier, and faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment